ST. VINCENT DE PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH DISCIPLESHIP IMMERSION PROCESS (RCIA) Registration Open!
Jesus’ first words on the scene were, “This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15) Nineteen simple words that contain one giant, life-changing, life-saving message. But what do they mean for our lives today? The answer is...everything!
Jesus is alive and He wants to encounter you where you are and walk in relationship with you, as you allow the POWER of His Holy Spirit to dwell in you and transform you AND the world around you. Taking hold of this “Kingdom of God [that is] at hand” entails a decision to make Jesus the King of our hearts--to truly live, not a compartmentalized Catholic life, but an all-in life of discipleship--walking with Jesus minute by minute, in a deep loving friendship, allowing Him to heal and conform us to His image and likeness. As we go, revealing our identity as beloved sons and daughters of God, purchased at the price of Jesus’ Blood, and grafted into the family of God, the Church.
This dynamic life as a child of God also involves co-laboring with Him, doing the things that He did while He was on earth, and the “even greater things” He mentions we, His disciples, will do in His Name (see John 14:12). As sons and daughters of God, we are called to walk out the mission Jesus entrusted to us--to make disciples of all nations, to heal the sick, cast out demons, cleanse lepers, and raise the dead (see Matthew 28 and Matthew 10). But how do we get from here to there? To an all-in love relationship with Jesus, in the power of the Holy Spirit? Come and see! Dive into this discipleship immersion process--phase 1 and phase 2 and let the Holy Spirit transform you, as He speaks identity into your life, through a cultivated intimacy with Him.
WHO IS THIS DISCIPLESHIP IMMERSION PROCESS FOR?
- Life-long Catholics
- Those who are interested in learning more about Jesus and the Catholic faith
- Those who have decided they would like to become Catholic (what other parishes commonly refer to as RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults).
- Anyone who wants to get closer to God and/or help others get closer to God
Discipleship Immersion Process (DIP) Phase 1 includes a weekly gathering for anyone who desires a deeper encounter with the Lord.
Jesus called His disciples first and foremost, to be with Him. He was the Teacher, the Rabbi, with whom they ate, drank, slept, prayed, ministered. He trained them to be just as He was, to do what He did, to become His Body on earth--infused with the new nature He came to give us via the outpouring of His Holy Spirit in our lives--making sons and daughters of God, co-heirs of the Kingdom of God. The first phase of immersion is designed to make available teaching, prayer and encounters with God, as well as community life that will encourage each participant to live out, deeply-rooted, life-long discipleship of Jesus, as an active member of the Catholic Church.
Each Wednesday Gathering, we will...
- Get to know Jesus and His Church with teaching and testimony --expect dynamic videos, and in-person testimonies from others on a journey with Jesus.
- Encounter Jesus in communal prayer, praise and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament --expect each session to end with a guided prayer time, worship, a mini retreat to encounter the Presence of God.
- Receive coaching, tools, practical skills, and accountability to develop a daily prayer life, where you will encounter the Lord one-on-one -- heart-to-heart speaking and listening between yourself and your Heavenly Father. We’ll give you “Jesus homework” -- the encouragement, along with practical tools and the blessing of brothers and sisters on the same journey, praying for one another and holding each other accountable is invaluable!
In addition to the weekly Wednesday gatherings...
- Be encouraged by an alive community of believers for Sunday (and even daily) worship at Mass--where we encounter the living Sacred Heart of Jesus in the Eucharist, the Source and Summit of the Christian life, and Fr. Alex instructs us from the Word of God and Church teaching on how exactly to walk as a Soldier of Christ in the world.
- Participate in various “field trips,” retreats, and other events at St. Vincent’s and elsewhere.
- Have an opportunity for one-on-one disciple mentorship--someone to journey alongside you more closely, sharing their life as a disciple with you as you share with them--growing in holiness and prayer together, and receiving additional resources and tips to strengthen and deepen your relationship with God.
- to and direction in navigating an arsenal of informational and inspirational resources on all things Jesus, orthodox Catholicism, and living a life of true discipleship.
Discipleship Immersion Process Phase 2 is intended to equip you to be sent into the world as a missionary disciple. Just as Jesus sent out those who walked with Him 2000 some-odd years ago to heal the sick, cast out demons, cleanse the lepers and raise the dead--so He sends and equips each of us who is baptized into Christ Jesus! Of course, apart from Him we can do nothing, and so we must always continue to remain in the foundation we learned in Phase 1--being rooted and grounded in Jesus, in daily, intimate prayer time with the Holy Spirit. Now we add the accountability, the instruction on how to evangelize in your daily life, how to pray for others for healing, deliverance, how to hear God for others and share with them in a way that will bring them into an encounter with God in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Phase 1 Kicking off September 8th!: Click here to register! (No cost--just gotta get you on the list and keep you informed so you know where and when to go!)
Discipleship Immersion Process Calendar 2021-2022
*Wednesday Gatherings are 6:30PM-8:30PM
Sept 8th: Wednesday Gathering
Sept 15th: Wednesday Gathering
Sept 22nd: Wednesday Gathering
Sept 29th: Wednesday Gathering
Oct 6th: Wednesday Gathering
Oct 13th: Wednesday Gathering
Oct 20th: NO Wednesday Gathering
Friday, Oct 22nd: Possible St. Paul Street Evangelization Field Trip
Oct 27th: NO Wednesday Gathering
Friday, Oct 29th: Burning Ones Field Trip
Nov 3rd: Wednesday Gathering
Nov 10th: Wednesday Gathering
Nov 17th: Wednesday Gathering
Nov 24th: NO Wednesday Gathering -- Happy Thanksgiving Prep day:-)
Dec 1st: Wednesday Gathering
Dec 8th: Immaculate Conception Holy Day of Obligation Mass (attend Mass--no gathering)
Dec 15th: Wednesday Gathering
Dec 22nd: NO Wednesday Gathering
*Mercy Wagon Field Trip sometime before Christmas
Dec 29th: NO Wednesday Gathering
Jan 5th: Wednesday Gathering
Jan 7th: Mass for Healing, Purity and Restoration with The Goretti Group
Jan 12th: Wednesday Gathering
Jan 19th: Wednesday Gathering
Jan 26th: Wednesday Gathering
*Walk for Life Field Trip end of January date TBD
Feb 2nd: Wednesday Gathering
Feb 9th: Wednesday Gathering
Feb 16th: Wednesday Gathering
Feb 23rd: NO Wednesday Gathering
Feb 25th-26th: Encounter Retreat (Friday evening and all day Saturday)
Mar 2nd: Ash Wednesday -- Mass (No Gathering. Fasting day)
Mar 9th: Wednesday Gathering
Mar 16th: Wednesday Gathering
Mar 23rd: NO Wednesday Gathering
Mar 25th: Stations of the Cross/ Burning Ones Field Trip
Mar 30th: Wednesday Gathering
April 6th: Wednesday Gathering
April 13th: Wednesday Gathering (Holy Week Prep)
April 14th: Holy Thursday Mass 7PM
April 15th: Good Friday
April 16th: Easter Vigil (Night for all catechumens and candidates to receive sacraments). Arrive by 6:30PM for rehearsal for 7:30 or 8PM Mass with sponsor or stand-in sponsor
April 20th: Wednesday Gathering -- Party time--yay newly baptized and Confirmed!
April 27th: Wednesday Gathering
May 4th: Wednesday Gathering
May 11th: Wednesday Gathering
May 18th: Wednesday Gathering
May 25th: Wednesday Gathering
June 1st: Wednesday Gathering
June 5th: Pentecost
STAY CONNECTED! JOIN ST. VINCENT'S ONLINE COMMUNITIES.
You'll receive disciplship tools and be a part of our faith-filled community.
DOWNLOAD OUR APP! IT'S FREE.