As I mentioned this past weekend at the Masses, the pastors had a zoom meeting with the Bishop this afternoon where further instructions were given to us for operations. Here are some of the changes and how they will effect us for the next few months:
1. All Masses must be celebrated outdoors. A live-streamed indoor Mass may be celebrated, but only with the priest, lector, and camera operator. The bishop will not authorize Mass indoors at this time for any other reason, even if the Supreme Court or Governor approves of it.
- For this reason, we will continue celebrating all of our Masses outdoors in the parking lot until the Bishop gives permission to do differently. Daily Masses will be recorded and uploaded later that day, weekend Masses will be live-streamed as usual.
- Because we do not have lighting nor heating outdoors, we will not be having late night Masses for Immaculate conception (December 8), nor Christmas Eve.
Vigil at 4pm
Sunday morning at 8:30am and 10am
Immaculate Conception Mass will be celebrated at 7:15am in the parking lot, but there will not be a 6pm evening Mass.
December Christmas Masses will only be at:
Christmas Eve at 4pm
Christmas Day at 10am
2. Bishop said there are to be no indoor services that invite people to congregate, such as prayer service, penance service, nor exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. However, the church is allowed to remain open and available for personal prayer.
- At. St. Vincents we will no longer have exposition of the Blessed Sacrament following the daily Masses, but the church will remain open and available for personal / individual prayer.
3. Confession are allowed to be held inside, but the line for confessions must be outside, with people social distanced, and wearing masks.
- we will continue our confession times as normal, in the children’s chapel, but the line must move from inside to the outside door of the children’s chapel. We will begin this practice tonight.
- Monday evening exposition with confessions will become a time where the church is open for personal prayer and confessions. And the confession line must be outside the children’s chapel door.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to adjust to these ongoing changes. We need prayer more than ever right now, and I encourage you to engage Jesus in prayer as often as you can.
God bless you and keep you,
***If you are not yet receiving emails via Flocknote, we highly suggest you get connected in this way to receive the most recent updates as they happen. You can sign up to receive emails and/or texts on our homepage or simply text the word: stvincentsd to the number 84576.
**If you haven’t yet gotten our new, FREE Parish App, click here or you can download from your App store by searching “St. Vincent’s Parish.” A great way to stay connected and feed your soul with discipleship resources, Fr. Alex's homily archive, powerful testimonies, and other great content to remind you God is near and will bring you peace, even in the midst of the storm!